Scone Ingredients This recipes makes 16 scones.
1 and 1/3 c unsweetened flax milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp and 2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c cold vegan butter
1 and 1/3 c dried blueberries or cranberries, or one cup of vegan choco chips.
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1 -2 tsp lime or lemon juice add some zest too!
Plant-based milk to thin
Just mix together, taste for flavor and set aside until scones are done
Omit the lemon or lime juice if making chocolate scones. I will make a chocolate drizzle.
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, stir together vegan milk and vinegar. Set aside to curdle.
4. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, mix vegan butter & flour mixture until it looks like sand.
6. Add milk mixture and dried fruit to flour mixture, stir until dough comes together.
7. Form dough into two patties and flatten slightly to about 2" in thickness.
8. Using a sharp knife, slice each patty into eight small triangles for a total of 16.
9. Arrange all 16 on a cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes on the center oven rack. After 10 minutes turn scones on a side to avoid burning the bottom and to brown the other sides. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.
10. Drizzle scones with glaze while still warm and serve.
Recipe adapted from Hell Yeah It's Vegan